The next day? Form leftover potatoes into cakes and fry them up-in butter, of course.
- Russet Potatoes - 3 lb., cut into 2
- Yukon Gold Potatoes - 1 lb., cut into 2
- Kosher Salt -
- Heavy Cream - 1 cup
- Whole Milk - 1 cup
- Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus more for serving (optional)
- Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning - 2 tbsp
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper -
- Sour Cream - 1/2 cup
1) Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by 2". Generously season with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain and transfer potatoes to a baking sheet; let stand until dry, 10-15 minutes. Set pot aside.
2) Meanwhile, heat cream, milk, and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; season with garlic mashed potato seasoning and pepper.
3) Pass potatoes through ricer into reserved pot. Mix in warm milk mixture, then sour cream. Serve topped with pepper and more butter, if desired.
STILL, THERE'S ROOM FOR CREATIVITY - Potatoes are the ideal blank canvas for flavors beyond butter and cream. Why not stir in some:
Garlic & Blue Cheese Potato Seasoning, Garlic & Horseradish Potato Seasoning , HOT garlic mashed potato seasoning or NEW Caramelized Onion.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box