"These tender potato biscuits are great to use up those leftover mashed potatoes! We like them for breakfast, lunch or dinner and great to serve with soup!"
- All-Purpose Flour - 2 1/2 cups
- Baking Powder - 2 Tbsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Butter or Margarine - 1/4 cup
- Leftover Mashed Potatoes - 1 1/2 cups (any flavour of The Garlic Box potato seasoning)
- Egg - 1, beaten
- Cold Water - 1/3 cup
- Milk - 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut in butter, until pieces of butter are no larger than peas. Use a fork to stir in mashed potatoes, breaking them up into chunks. Make a well in the mixture, pour in egg, water and milk. Stir into a loose dough using the fork.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface, knead for 6 or 8 times so the dough holds together. Pat the dough out to about 3/4 inch thickness, cut into circles with a biscuit cutter or drinking glass. Place biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet. Brush the tops with 2 tablespoons milk.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bottoms are golden.
Another delicious recipe form the kitchen of The Garlic Box