This fantastic sandwich is given extra flavour with marinating before hand and layering the chili flavours.
- large chicken breasts halved lengthwise - 2
- soft baguette rolls, about 7 - 4
- Chili Lime Chicken Splash - 4 tbsp. + 1 tsp.
- finely chopped fresh ginger - 1 tbsp.
- fresh honey - 1/2 cup + 1/4 tsp.
- soya sauce - 2 tbsp.
- fresh lime zest - 1 tbsp.
- green onions, white and green part chopped - 2
- cider vinegar - 1/4 cup
- shredded carrots - 1/2 cup
- very thinly sliced white onion - 1/4 cup
- mayonnaise - 1/4 cup
- Asian red chile sauce - 1 tbsp.
- Chili Garlic Butter Compound Seasoning - Chili Garlic Butter Compound Slices (made according to directions on pkg). - 1 pkg.
- Thinly sliced seedless cucumbers and cilantro sprigs for serving -
- Salt & pepper to taste -
Marinate chicken pieces in zip lock bag with 4 tbsp. Chili Lime Chicken Splash overnight or at least 1 hour.
MAKE AHEAD: Mix carrots, onion, cider vinegar, 1/4 cup honey and 1 tsp. Chili Lime Chicken Splash in small bowl. Set aside.
MAKE AHEAD: Whisk in small bowl 1/4 cup honey with soya sauce, ginger and 1 chopped green onion. Set aside.
MAKE AHEAD: Mix in small bowl mayonnaise, Asian red chili sauce, lime zest and 1 finely chopped green onion. Set aside.
Preheat broiler and position rack 6" from heat. Spread Chili & Garlic Compound Butter (pre-mixed) on cut side of rolls.
Remove chicken breasts from marinade, discarding marinade. Place in lightly oil greased frying pan and brown each side. Add water to the pan to prevent chicken from drying out and continue to steam cook 10 minutes, adding more water if necessary. Pour honey glaze over chicken and cook on low an additional 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Add water to pan if glaze begins to burn. (Optional: Bake chicken in oven 10 minutes each side, add glaze and bake an additional 10 - 15 mins.)
Broil the buttered rolls until just toasted. Spread rolls with mayonnaise. Using a slotted spoon, lift the carrots from pickling liquid and spread them on toasted rolls. Top with glazed chicken breasts, cucumber slices and cilantro sprigs. Close sandwich, cut in half and eat right away.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box