Smoked garlic gives a bold depth of flavour to this simple mash.
- sweet potatoes, peeled and diced - 1lb
- turnip, peeled and diced - ½ lb
- Smoked Garlic Seasoning - 2 tsp
- dry sage powder - ¼ tsp
- melted butter - ¼ c
- coarse sea salt - 1 tsp
- Black pepper to taste -
1) Melt butter in microwave, add Smoked Garlic Seasoning and set aside.
2) Place potatoes and turnip in medium saucepan and cover with lightly salted
water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until
the vegetables are fork-tender, 12-15 minutes. Drain, return vegetables to the
pot and keep covered.
3) Pour the Smoked Garlic butter over the vegetables and smash with a potato
masher. Season to taste with salt and pepper.