- 1 tbsp olive oil -
- 1 sweet potato, diced -
- 1 lb sausage -
- 1/2 cup chopped onion -
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced -
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms -
- 1 cup torn kale leaves -
- salt and ground pepper to taste -
- 5 eggs -
- 1/3 cup water -
- 1 tsp Caramelized Onion Seasoning -
- 1 green onion, diced -
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato; cover and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Cook and stir sausage in the same skillet over medium - high heat until crumbled and browned, about 5 minutes. Add to the sweet potato in the bowl.
4. Cook and stir onion and red bell pepper in the same skillet until tender, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and kale; cook until kale softens, about 3 minutes more. Transfer to the bowl.
5. Whisk eggs, water, Caramelized Onion, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Stir into the sausage mixture. Pour into a large baking dish.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until sweet potato starts to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with green onion.
Note: Substitute Italian Seasoning instead of Caramelized Onion Seasoning.