A loaf of crusty bread makes this salad hearty enough to serve as a main course. Delicious enough to buy a good steak for the sole purpose of slicing into a salad.
- Rib Eye Steak (may use leftover, cooked steak) - 6-8 oz
- Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette - ½ cup + 1 tbsp.
- Red Potato - 1 large, washed & cubed
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp.
- Roasted Garlic & Sea Salt - 1 tbsp.
- Sweet Red Pepper - 1washed & sliced thin into 1
- Spinach - 4 cups washed & tore into bite size pieces
- Romaine Lettuce - 4 cups washed & tore into bite size pieces
- Boursin Cheese (optional: blues cheese or goats cheese) - 5 tbsp.
- Dijon Mustard - 1 tbsp.
- Fresh cracked black pepper -
Marinade steak in 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinaigrette not less than 30 minutes.
Toss cubes potatoes and red pepper with olive oil and Roasted Garlic Sea Salt. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake in 375F oven 20 minutes or until crisp and tender. Let cool at room temperature.
Stir mustard and 1 tbsp. Boursin Cheese into ½ cup of Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette. Stir well to blend.
Discard marinade and grill steak to medium rare. Let stand 10 minutes to retain juices. Slice thin into 1” strips.
Plate mixed greens. Top with potato, red pepper and steak. Dot with 1 tbsp. Boursin Cheese, crumbling with fingers. Drizzle 1-2 tbsp. Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette dressing and blend. Season to taste.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box