Colour your salad red with this healthy delicious meal in a bowl.
- Chicken Breast - 8 ounces boneless, skinless, trimmed of fat
- Walnut or Canola Oil - 2 Tbsp.
- Real Maple Syrup (the darker the syrup the better) - 2 Tbsp.
- Coarse-Grained Mustard - 1 1/2 tsp.
- Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette - 3 Tbsp.
- Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper - to taste
- Baby Spinach - 4 cups
- Whole Beets - 1 - 8 ounce can, drained & quartered
- Goat Cheese - 1/4 cup, crumbled
- Pecans - 2 Tbsp. toasted (see tip)
- Place chicken in a small skillet or saucepan and add enough chicken broth to cover; bring to a simmer over high heat. Cover, reduce heat and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/4" thick slices.
- Meanwhile, whisk, oil, syrup, mustard, Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette, salt & pepper in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons dressing in a small bowl. Add spinach to the large bowl; toss to coat with dressing. Divide the spinach between 2 plates, top with the chicken, beets, goat cheese and pecans. Drizzle with the reserved vinaigrette.
Tip: To toast chopped pecans, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box