Spaghetti squash, which separates into spaghetti-like strands when cooked, is an
excellent base for this salad which can be served as a side dish or main course.
Delicious served warm!
- lrg spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise & seeds scraped out - 3
- pine nuts - ½ cup
- extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling - 2/3 cup
- water - 1 cup
- dry white wine - ½ cup
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed juice -
- Spring Garlic Greens - 2 tbsp/or fresh garlic scapes
- tarragon - ½ tsp.
- white wine vinegar - 3 tbsp
- garlic clove, peeled and smashed - 1
- Salt & pepper to taste -
- crumbled feta cheese (or goats cheese) - 4 ounces
Preheat oven to 350°F. Toast pine nuts in pie plate in oven about 5 minutes;
until golden. Let cool.
Arrange spaghetti squash; cut side up on two rimmed baking sheets. Brush with
drizzling of olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Flip over, cut side down. Pour
water and wine into pans. Bake about 45 minutes, until the squash is barely
tender. Flip the squash cut sides up and let cool until warm.
In a sealed mason jar, combine the white wine vinegar with lemon zest,
Spring Garlic Greens, smashed garlic cloves & tarragon. Shake vigorously (cap
on). Add 2/3 cup olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and shake vigorously again.
Working over a large bowl, using a fork, scrape out spaghetti squash – stem to
stern, separating into strands. Pour the dressing over the squash and toss to coat.
Add the pine nuts and feta cheese and toss again. Serve immediately.
MAKE AHEAD: The cooked spaghetti squash can be prepared and refrigerated
overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving. Can be served directly in
squash shell if using as a main course meal.