Switch out seasonings for an adaptable and satisfying salad.
- Spaghetti Squash - 3 large, halved lengthwise and seeds scraped out
- Pine nuts - 1/2 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil - 2/3 cup, plus more for drizzling
- White wine vinegar - 3 tbsp
- Lemon - Zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 tbsp squeezed lemon juice
- Lemon & Rosemary OR Italian Seasoning - 2 tbsp
- Dry white wine - 1/2 cup
- Feta cheese (or goats cheese) - 4 ounces, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Toast pine nuts in a pie plate in oven for about 5 minutes; until golden. Let cool.
2. arrange spaghetti squash; cut side up on two rimmed baking sheets. Brush with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Flip over, cut side down. Pure 1 cup of water and the wine into the pans. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the squash is barely tender. Flip the squash cut side up and let cool until warm.
3. In a sealed mason jar or container, combine the white wine vinegar with lemon zest, Italian Seasoning or Lemon and Rosemary Seasoning, one smashed garlic clove, and 1/2 tsp of tarragon (optional). Shake well. Add 2/3 cup olive oil, salt and pepper, and shake again.
4. Working over a large bowl, use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti squash - stem to stern, separating into strands. Pour the dressing over the squash and toss to coat. Add the pine nuts and feta cheese (or goats cheese), and toss again. Serve right away.