An excellent source of Folate, Calcium & Iron. A good source of Thiamin & Niacin. Delicious warm or cold.
- white beans - ½ lb.
- cooked rice - 1 cup
- frozen corn, cooked - 1 cup
- celery, diced - 1 stalk
- red onion, diced - ½
- sweet red pepper, diced - 1
- feta cheese - ¾ cup
- chopped cilantro - 1/2 cup
- Juice of 2 limes -
- Garlic Oil (or vegetable oil) - ¼ cup
- Smoked Garlic Seasoning (or to taste) - 1 tsp.
- Salt & pepper to taste -
Soak beans overnight in water. Drain. Cover with water again and simmer 20-30 minutes, or until tender but not split. Drain. Rinse again.
In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Set aside.
In small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients until well blended.
Toss salad with dressing and season to taste.
Option: fold in cherry tomatoes
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box