BEANS are an ideal alternative to meat. Delicious served with the Extreme Peachy Garlic Salsa.
- Smokey Garlic White Bean Soup mix (about 1 ¼ cup) - ½ bag
- ½ seasoning pouch Smokey Garlic seasoning pouch - 2-3 tbsp
- Garlic oil (or canola oil) -
- corn meal - 1 tbsp
- brown rice, cooked - ½ cup
- sunflower seeds, coarsely chopped - ½ cup
- Peachy Garlic Salsa (or prepared chunky salsa) - ½ cup
- green onion - 1
- Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish -
Cover beans with water and soak overnight. Drain, cover with water and simmer 20 – 30 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Brush a cookie sheet with oil and dust with the cornmeal. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Divide the mixture into 6 portions.
On a piece of wax paper or foil, shape each portion into a round or oblong patty. Pick up wax paper and flip patty onto baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden.
To serve, on a bun or wrap in a tortilla and top with salsa and fresh chopped cilantro.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box