A simple meal with only 6 ingredients and takes only minutes to put together in the slow cooker.
- Sweet Potatoes - 2 large or 4 small peeded and chopped into 1" pieces
- Kale - remove stems, slice thinly (2 packed cups)
- boneless skinless chicken breast - 1 pound
- low-sodium chicken stock or broth - 2 - 32oz
- Kosher Salt - 2-3 tsp
- Garlicky Italian Seasoning - 2 tsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - To serve
- Place all the ingredients in a 6 quart slow cooker, stirring to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through and very tender.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Return to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Taste and add additional salt if needed. Serve hot with a generous drizzle of olive oil.
Note: Add some crusty bread and fresh grated parmesan
recipe by: Real food Whole Life