"Thinly sliced beef is marinated in an Asian inspired lime-sesame sauce, cooked, then wrapped in tortillas with red leaf lettuce."
- Eye of Round Steak - 1/2 lb, thinly sliced
- Garlic Chili Lime Chicken Splash - 1/4 cup
- Lime - 1/2, freshly squeezed
- Honey - 1/4 cup
- Vegetable Oil - 1 Tbsp.
- Toasted Sesame Seeds - 2 tsp.
- Reduced-Sodium Soy Sauce - 2 tsp.
- Sesame Oil - 1 tsp.
- Fresh Ginger Root - 1 tsp., finely chopped
- Red Leaf Lettuce - 4 leaves, rinsed, dried and torn
- Avocado - 1, thinly sliced
- Place sliced beef in a shallow bowl. In a jar, combine garlic chili lime chicken splash, lime juice, honey, oil, soy sauce, sesame oil and grated ginger. Seal lid tightly, and shake until well combined. Pour over beef, and marinate 30 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet until very hot. Pour beef and marinade into pan, and saute on high heat until steak is evenly brown. Remove beef with a slotted spoon. Continue boiling marinade until reduced by half, stirring frequently to prevent burning, about 5 minutes. Put steak slices back into marinade, mix well, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place lettuce leaves and sliced avocado on tortillas, and evenly distribute steaks slices between all tortillas. Fold bottom of tortilla up by 1/3, then tightly roll from the side until wrapped.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box