Chicken or pork work equally well in this recipe.
- canola oil - 1 tbsp.
- skinless, boneless turkey fillets - 4 (about 1 1/4lbs.)
- salt - ½ tsp.
- pepper - ½ tsp.
- brown sugar - 2 tbsp.
- rice vinegar - 2 tbsp.
- Peach Salsa with Ontario Garlic - ½ jar
- finely grated ginger - 1 tsp.
- Fresh/Frozen Mkt Garlic Cloves - 2, minced
- low-sodium chicken broth - ½ cup
- peach juice (can substitute orange juice) - ¼ cup
- chopped walnuts (or almonds) - 2 tbsp.
1) Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Season turkey on both sides with salt and pepper, add to the skillet and cook until browned, about 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2) Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar and peach juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
3) Add the ginger and garlic to the pan cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth and soy sauce mixture. Turn the heat up to high and cook, uncovered, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce is thickened.
4) Add the turkey back to the pan with the sauce. Top with Peach Salsa with Garlic, cover and cook over moderate-low heat for about 5 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
5) While turkey is cooking, toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently and until browned and fragrant – about 2 minutes.
Serve the turkey topped with the sauce. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box