- red potatoes, skins on, scrubbed and cubed - 2 1/2 pounds
- buttermilk or milk (not skim or low fat) - 1/2 cup
- butter - 4 Tbsp.
- "Garlic Box" Frozen/Fresh Peeled Ontario Garlic, whole - 4 cloves
1. Bring to boil potatoes and garlic in 4-5 quart saucepan.
2. Reduce to a simmer on low heat once water begins to boil. Continue simmering until potatoes are tender but not falling apart.
3. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan and add buttermilk. Heat on medium low until very hot but not boiling. Remove from heat.
4. Drain potatoes & garlic once tender and return to pot. Mash to desired texture, (a rough mash is shown in picture) Add butter mixture, stir and season with salt and pepper as desired.