A true classic pantry staple!
Our classic mashed potato seasoning transforms any mashed potato dish into something worthy of the gods. Add to anything from potato dishes, gravy mixes, soup bases and more.
- red potatoes, skins on, scrubbed and cubed - 2 1/2 pounds
- buttermilk or milk (not skim or low fat) - 1/2 cup
- butter - 4 Tbsp.
- garlic - 4 cloves
- Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning - 2 tbsp
1. Bring to boil potatoes and garlic in 4-5 quart saucepan.
2. Reduce to a simmer on low heat once water begins to boil. Continue simmering until potatoes are tender but not falling apart.
3. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan and add buttermilk. Heat on medium low until very hot but not boiling. Remove from heat. Once mixture has cooled slightly, add Mashed Potato Seasoning.
4. Drain potatoes & garlic once tender and return to pot. Mash to desired texture, (a rough mash is shown in picture) Add butter mixture, stir and season with salt and pepper as desired.