- acorn squash, halved lengthwise and seeded - 3
- Roasted Garlic Oil with Scapes - 3 tbsp.
- large onion, chopped finely - 1
- pancetta, diced - 2 oz.
- Arborio or other risotto rice - 2 cups
- unoaked chardonnay or other dry white wine - 1 cup
- chicken broth - 4 - 5 cups
- Perron Parmigiano cheese, freshly grated - 3/4 cup
- 1 Garlic & Rosemary Compound Butter Seasoning (mixed according to pkg. directions. -
Preheat oven to 425 F. Season squash with salt and pepper and bake, cut side
down until squash are soft and completely cooked through, about 20 min. Turn
squash, cut side up and broil for approximately 5 min. until edges are brown.
Remove from oven.
Bring broth to a boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat to low and keep warm. Heat
Roasted Garlic Oil with Scapes in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add onion and pancetta and sauté until onion softens and pancetta begins to
crisp, about 5 min. Add rice and stir until rice is translucent and each grain is
coated with oil, about 2 min. Add wine and stir until the rice absorbs wine.
Stir a ladleful of broth into the rice mixture and stir. When the broth is absorbed,
add more broth and continue this until broth is incorporated or rice is al dente,
whichever happens first. It should take about 20 min. Make sure rice is slightly
runny. Remove rice from heat and stir in Perron Parmigiano cheese. Top each
stuffed squash with a disc of butter sliced from the Garlic & Rosemary
Compound Butter Seasoning Seasoning log. Fill reserved acorn squash halves
with risotto and serve warm.