This smooth, creamy soup gets its velvety texture from pureed sweet potatoes and cream cheese. Serve our Roasted Sweet Potato & Garlic Soup alongside a toasted baguette and a tossed green salad and you got yourself a delicious meal!
- Sweet Potatoes - about 5, peeled, cut into 2" chunks
- Onions - 2, chopped
- Fresh/Frozen Ontario Garlic - 1 head, separated into cloves, peeled
- Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp.
- Vegetable Broth - 6 cups, low sodium
- Cream Cheese - 1/4 cup, light
- Fresh Chives - 1 1/2 Tbsp., chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss potatoes, onions and garlic with oil; spread onto foil-covered rimmed baking sheet. Bake 1 hour until vegetables are tender; spoon into large saucepan.
- Stir in broth. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Add to blender, in batches with cream cheese product; blend until smooth. Return to saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve topped with chives.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box