The smokey-sweet roasted red peppers in this creamy party-worthy dip are enhanced with Smoked Garlic Seasoning
- Extra-virgin olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Frozen/Fresh Market Garlic - 1 clove
- Sage Leaves - 6 small
- Roasted Red Pepper - 3/4 cup chopped
- Kosher salt - to taste
- Cannellini Beans - 1 - 15.5-oz. can, drained and rinsed
- Fresh lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Cayenne - pinch, more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 6-inch pitas - 4
- Unsalted butter - 2 tbs, melted
- Smoked garlic seasoning - 1/2 tsp
In a 10" skillet over medium heat, cook the oil and garlic until the garlic is lightly golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sage leaves and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the roasted red peppers and 1/4 tsp. salt, and cook, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
In a food processor, combine the red pepper mixture, the beans, lemon juice, any cayenne, and pulse until smooth. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more cayenne, if you like. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
Position a rack in center of the oven and heat the oven to 375F. Slice each pita into eight wedges and transfer to a large bowl. Toss the wedges with the melted butter, smoked garlic seasoning, 1/4tsp. salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Spread the pita wedges in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake, rotating the pan halfway through, until the wedges are crispy and golden brown, 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool on a wire wrack.
Serve with pita chips.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box