Roasted green beans are tender, caramelized and full of flavour. Cranberry sauce and walnuts dress them up and make them a perfect side dish for the holidays.
- Fresh Green Beans - 2 pounds, stem ends trimmed
- Fresh/Frozen Ontario Garlic Cloves - 4 cloves, peeled and sliced into quarters
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp.
- Kosher Salt (Garlic Scapes Sea Salt - optional) - 1-1/4 tsp.
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp.
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp.
- Cranberry Garlic Rum Preserve - 1/2 cup, room temperature
- Walnuts - 1/2 cup (toasted if desired; see note)
1) Preheat the oven to 450 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil.
2) Toss green beans with garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar directly on the prepared baking sheet. Roast the beans for 15 minutes, then stir with a spatula to promote even cooking. Continue roasting until beans are tender, slightly browned and just starting to shrivel, about 10 minutes more. Add Cranberry Garlic Rum Preserve and walnuts and toss well. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if desired.
NOTE: To toast the walnuts, bake them on a sheet pan in a 350 F oven until fragrant, about 10 minutes.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box