A soup laden with natural flavors and a texture which will play with your tongue with each and every bite.
- Ontario Roasted Garlic - 1 head - fresh or 1 cup whole frozen garlic cloves
- Oil - 1 Tbsp.
- Onion - 1 - thinly sliced
- Brown Sugar - 1 Tbsp.
- Spinach - 1 lb, stems removed and leaves chopped
- Chicken Stock - 4 cups
- Green Onions - 2
- White Beans - 1 - 15 oz can, drained
1) Remove the roasted garlic from the clove if using fresh or if using frozen garlic just mash with fork.
2) In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and brown sugar and saute 5 minutes.
3) Add the spinach and saute 2 minutes.
4) Stir in the chicken stock, garlic and green onions and bring the soup to a simmer. Simmer the soup for 20 minutes.
5) Add the white beans and cook the soup 10 minutes.
6) Ladle into serving bowls, top with some fresh croutons and serve.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box