This roasted garlic spaghetti is a soft and buttery comfort dish; a no fail, go-to for everyone.
Shop Now: Fresh Garlic Pouch
- Ontario garlic bulb (fresh or frozen) - 1 whole
- Roasted Garlic Oil with Scapes - 2 tbsp plus 2 tspn
- Uncooked spaghetti - 1/2 lb
- Shredded parmesan cheese - 1 cup
- Roasted Garlic Sea Salt - 1/2 tspn
- Crushed red pepper flakes - 1/4 tspn
- Fresh basil leaves or fresh Italian parsley - 2 tbsp, chopped
1) Heat oven to 350 F. Carefully peel paper-like skin from around bulb of garlic, leaving just enogh to hold garlic cloves together. Cut 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the top of the bulb to expose cloves. Place cut side up on 12-inchsquare of foil. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of Roasted Garlic Oil with Scapes; wrap securely. Place in a pie plate or shallow baking dish.
2) Bake 45-50 minutes or until garlic is tender when pierced with a fork. Cool 5 minutes. Gently squeeze garlic out of cloves onto cutting board; finely chop. Set aside.
3) In a 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, cook spaghetti as directed on box; drain. Return to saucepan; toss with roasted garlic, remaining 2 tablespoons of Roasted Garlic Oil with Scapes, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, Roasted Garlic Sea Salt, red pepper flakes and basil. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.