An incredible twist on Guacamole with crispy bacon and roasted garlic!
- Fresh/Frozen Ontario Mkt Garlic - 1 head or 6 cloves(frozen)
- Olive Oil -
- Bacon - 3 strips
- Red Onion - 2 tbsp minced
- Avocados - 3, seeded
- Cayenne Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Lime - 1 whole, juice
- Roasted Red Pepper - 1, chopped
- Cilantro - 1/2 cup, roughly chopped
- salt to taste -
1) Roasting Fresh Garlic - preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slice off the top of the garlic head, place it in the center of a piece of tinfoil, drizzle with olive oil, wrap, and place in the oven for 45-50 minutes. When done, remove from the oven and unwrap to cool.
Roasting Ontario Frozen Garlic - Preheat oven to 325F. Rinse frozen Ontario garlic cloves, pat dry on towel or between paper towels. Toss garlic with oil until coated thoroughly. Place on a piece of foil large enough to pouch around garlic (like a sack). Place foil pouch on a cookie sheet and bake about 30 minutes or until tender. May open foil pouch to allow extra browning and caramelization. Remove from oven and cool to handle.
2) While the garlic is roasting, roughly chop your bacon, and cook in a skilled until crisp.
3) When the bacon is almost done, add in the minced red onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4) In a medium sized bowl, toss in the avocados and squeeze in all the roasted garlic. (Should be a soft consistency). Add the lime juice and cayenne pepper. Mash together roughly.
5) Stir in the bacon and onion mixture, as well as the chopped roasted red pepper, and cilantro.
6) Add salt to taste. (It doesn't need much at all!)