Roasting beets concentrates their natural sweetness. A good drizzle of Horseradish Garlic Condiment at the finish puts them over the top.
- Beets - 1 small bunch
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp
- Fresh/Frozen Ontario Garlic - 3 cloves minced (optional)
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper - 1/8 tsp
- Horseradish Garlic Condiment - 2 tbsp (approx)
1) Heat oven to 350F. Wash beets well, leaving on skins. Remove the greens if attached and reserve for cooking later.
2) In a baking dish (or wrap in foil) toss beets with oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
3) Bake 45-55 minutes until beets are tender when pierced with a fork.
4) Remove from oven and toss with Horseradish Garlic Condiment.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box