This recipe has ample room for variations. Shredded uncooked carrot can replace the julienne carrot. Red or yellow pepper can accompany the green. A flourish of raisins or almonds is a nice finish.
- 1.5 lbs. of carrots cut in julienne strips -
- (cauliflower works well in this salad) -
- 1 medium onion -
- 1 green pepper or red pepper -
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar -
- 3 tbsp sugar -
- 3 tbsp salad oil -
- 1 tbsp Ketchup -
- 2 tbsp Garlic Steak Splash -
- 1/2 tsp celery seed (optional) -
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce -
- 1/2 tsp prepared mustard -
1. Blanch carrots in salted boiling water, until a la dente. Drain and cool quickly under cold water.
2. In a serving bowl, layer carrots, onion and pepper. In a small jar, combine remaining ingredients. Shake well to blend. Pour over carrots, cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight, stirring several times. This salad will keep for one week or more in the refrigerator.