An easy and tasty quick bread studded with chopped pickled garlic cloves and fresh dill is the perfect side for that tuna salad, or a sandwich.
- All purpose flour - 1-3/4 cups
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Garlic Powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Olive oil (or vegetable oil) - 1/2 cup, plus more for greasing
- large eggs - 2
- Garlic pickle juice - 1 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Sour Cream - 1/2 cup
- Pickled Garlic Cloves - 1 cup, finely chopped
- Dill - 2 tbsp finely chopped, firmly packed
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 8"x4" loaf pan.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and garlic powder.
Step 3: In a large bowl, whisk together the oil through sour cream. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
Step 4: Fold in the pickled garlic and dill until combined. Spread the batter evenly into the loaf pan.
Step 5: Bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Step 6: Let cool for about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan to a cooling rack and cool completely before slicing and serving.