An oven roasted tomato smothered in garlicky crumbs is a quick way to add flavour and platter appeal to your classic garlic spaghetti dish. Use the tomato as a "side" with fish.
- Tomatoes - 2-3 pounds
- Roasted Garlic Oil - The Garlic Box - 1 tbsp
- Panko crumbs - 1 cup
- Parmesan Cheese - 1/2 cup
- Italian Garlic Box Seasoning - 1 tbsp
- Garlic Box Epic Fry Salt - 2 tsp
- Parsley - to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Wash and dry tomatoes; cut in half. Trim the rounded bottom so the tomato sits level on a cooking tray (lined with foil).
3. Place tomato halves upright on your rimmed baking dish and splash tomatoes with a light coating of Roasted Garlic Oil.
4. In a shallow plate mix the panko, parmesan cheese, Italian Seasoning and Epic Fry Salt.
5. Pickup tomato again and press cut edge firmly into seasoning mixture to hold.
6. Place tomatoes in a rimmed baking dish. Roast 20 minutes or to desired tenderness.
7. While the tomatoes are baking; cook pasta. Season pasted with fresh grated garlic, red pepper flakes and Roasted Garlic Oil.
8. Garnish seasoned pasta with fresh chopped parsley and top with 1-2 baked tomatoes. Pass extra parmesan cheese at the table.
NOTE: cooking times may vary depending on the size and ripeness of your tomatoes