This garlicky red potato and asparagus is easy and delicious served either hot or cold. Lemon Garlic & Rosemary Poultry Rub gives it a sophisticated flavor. Try adding a little chopped red pepper, too...yum!
- Red Potatoes - 1 1/2lbs, cut into chunks
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp.
- Fresh/Frozen Ontario Garlic - 8 cloves thinly sliced
- Lemon Garlic & Rosemary Poultry Rub - 2 Tbsp.
- Garlic Scape Sea Salt - 2 tsp.
- Fresh Local Asparagus - 1 bunch, trimmed and cut into 1
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a large baking dish, toss the red potatoes with 1/2 the olive oil, garlic, lemon garlic & rosemary poultry rub and 1/2 of the garlic scape sea salt. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Mix in the asparagus, remaining olive oil, and remaining garlic scape sea salt. Cover, and continue cooking 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Increase oven temperature to 450 F. Remove foil, continue cooking 5 to 10 minutes, until potatoes are lightly brown. Season with fresh ground pepper to serve.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box