Low-Calorie Dinner Adapted from Middle Eastern
- Unsalted butter - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 1 small, chopped
- Basmati Rice - 1 1/4 cups
- Dried Apricots - 1/4 cup, roughly chopped
- Smoked Garlic Seasoning - 1 tsp
- Baby Spinach - 5 cups loosely packed (3 ounces)
- Skinless, boneless chicken breaste - 1 1/4 lbs thin-cut
- Freshly ground pepper -
- Lemon - 1 (juice of)
- Fat-free plain Greek yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Almonds - 3 tbsp, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt -
1) Melt 1 tbsp butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, 3 minutes. Add the rice; cook, stirring, until slightly toasted, 2 minutes. Add 2 cups water, the apricots, smoked garlic seasoning and 1/4 tsp salt. Increase the heat the medium high; bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low; stir, then cover and simmer until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the spinach (do not stir). Let sit, covered, until wilted, about 7 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, season the chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Melt the remaining 1 tbsp butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brow, about 3 minutes per side. Drizzle with the lemon juice.
3) Fold the spinach into the rice and serve with the chicken. Divide the rice and chicken among plates. Thin the yogurt with 1 tsp water; drizzle over the chicken. Sprinkle with the almonds.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box