- 1 lb. Rusett or Yukon Gold Potatoes -
- 1 lb. turnip peeled and cut into 2 " pieces -
- 1 cup half & half cream -
- 6 tbsp. melted butter -
- 2 tbsp. Garlic & Horseradish Potato Seasoning -
- 1 tbsp. white sugar -
- 1 tsp. kosher salt -
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste -
- 1/4 cup diced scallions (optional) -
Melt butter, blend in seasoning, add cream and remove from heat and let sit warm.
Cover and cook potatoes and turnip in cold salted water in a large pot until tender 20 - 30 minutes.
Drain and peel potatoes and cut into pieces.Mash turnip and potato directly in saucepan.
Stir in creamed seasoning blend and season to taste. Serve warm.
Note: May substitute potatoes for turnip