Meatballs, a true classic. Use a Maple Orange Garlic Sauce from The Garlic Box to add a tangy new twist on a true Italian classic.
Serve as an appetizer or with whole wheat pasta for a full dinner delight!
- 1 pound minced Turkey -
- 1/4 pound minced bacon -
- 1 egg lightly beaten -
- 1 cup breadcrumbs -
- 2 tbsp Maple Orange Garlic Sauce -
- 1/2 tsp black pepper -
- 2 tbsp Lemon Garlic & Rosemary Poultry Rub -
- 1 tsp salt -
- 1/4 cup milk -
- 3 cloves Ontario Garlic (minced) -
- oil for frying -
- For the Glaze
- 3/4 cup Maple Orange Garlic Sauce -
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce -
- 1 1/2 cups water -
1) Make the meatballs by combining all the meatball ingredients except the oil in a large bowl. Mix we. but do not overwork the mixture, or this will result in tough meatballs. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon at a time, and roll into balls. Set aside on a lined baking sheet. These can then be set in the fridge if necessary.
2) Pour enough oil into a pan to come about halfway up the side of the meatballs. Heat the oil to approximately between 325 degrees and 350 degrees. Brown the meatballs well. This may need to be done in two batches.
3) When the meatballs are nicely browned, drain the oil; this can be reused later. Leave about 1 tablespoon in the pan. Mix all the glaze ingredients in a bowl to combine, then put the mixture into a pan on high heat. When the glaze boils, add the meatballs back into the pan. Roll the meatballs around to coat and cook, shaking the pan constantly until the sauce reduces again. Remove from the heat and enjoy!