A family favorite vegetable side-dish that is simple and quick to make. Packed full of garlic flavour and crunch! Great for family dinners, holidays and special occasions!
- fresh green beans - 3 pounds
- maple bacon - 6 slices
- butter - 1 cup
- Lemon & Rosemary Garlic Poultry Rub - 1 tbs
- Roasted Garlic Sea Salt - dash
- black pepper - pinch
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Place bacon on a baking tray lined with tinfoil. Sprinkle edges on bacon with black pepper (this helps the bacon to shrink less and stay flat). Bake on middle rack for 10-15 minutes to desired crispness. Remove from oven, dab of excess grease and set aside to cool.
2. Place fresh green beans in a pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until beans start to soften, about 10 minutes. Strain and place beans back in the pot.
3. Stack bacon strips and cut into smaller bite-sized pieces. Add bacon to pot with strained beans. Add butter, Lemon & Rosemary Garlic rub, Roasted Garlic Sea Salt and black pepper. Return to medium-low heat and stir together for about 2 minutes.
4. Plate and Enjoy!