Garlic Scapes are "fresh and bright" and full of flavour, this pesto is perfect tossed with hot spaghetti for a quick dinner. It is also excellent as a pizza sauce or smeared on hot French bread. it freezes well to preserve the bounty of summer garlic scapes.
- Spaghetti - 1 package (16 ounce)
- Fresh Garlic Scapes - 1 cup, coarsely chopped (about 10)
- Olive oil (or oil of your choice) - 1/2 cup
- Freshly Parmesan Cheese - 1/2 cup, grated
- Walnuts, Pine Nuts or Sunflower Seeds - 1/2 cup
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice - 2 Tbsp.
- Garlic Scape Sea Salt - to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti at a boil until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain. Transfer spaghetti to a large bowl.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and puree adding 1 tsp. more liquid at a time to desired consistency, (pesto can be stored in a seal container for 1 week in fridge).
- Pour sauce over spaghetti and toss to coat.
Option: too busy to make pesto? Try our NEW Garlic Scape & Kale Pesto - made with fresh garlic scapes and baby kale leaves, add parmesan cheese to taste.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box