Excellent served with fish or chicken. Leftover risotto makes delicious risotto cakes fried on the stove.
- risotto style rice (Arborio) - 12 oz
- chicken or vegetable stock (kept warm) - 1 ½ cup
- white wine - 1 cup
- butter - 2 tbsp
- olive oil - 2 tbsp
- medium onion diced - 1
- Spring Garlic Greens - 2 tbsp/ sub fresh garlic scapes
- fresh squeezed lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- grated lemon zest - 1 tbsp
Brown onion in oil and butter in deep skillet over medium heat. Add risotto and toss to coat all kernels, about 2 minutes. Stir in Spring Garlic Greens. Pour stock, about 1 cup at a time, over rice and stir constantly until fully absorbed. Continue adding stock and wine until gone. Finish with lemon juice and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.