Excellent served with fish or chicken. Leftover risotto makes delicious
risotto cakes fried on the stove.
- risotto style rice (Arborio) - 12 oz
- chicken or vegetable stock (kept warm) - 1 ½ cup
- white wine - 1 cup
- butter - 2 tbsp
- olive oil - 2 tbsp
- medium onion diced - 1
- Spring Garlic Greens - 2 tbsp/ sub fresh garlic scapes
- fresh squeezed lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- grated lemon zest - 1 tbsp
Brown onion in oil and butter in deep skillet over medium heat. Add risotto and
toss to coat all kernels, about 2 minutes. Stir in Spring Garlic Greens.
Pour stock, about 1 cup at a time, over rice and stir constantly until fully
absorbed. Continue adding stock and wine until gone. Finish with lemon juice and
lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.