Try this new bright and fresh spin on roasted potatoes - so delicious and yet so easy.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs., halved
- Baby Red-Skinned Potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs., halved
- Kosher Salt -
- Day-Old Sourdough Bread (crust removed) - 4 cups
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil - 1/3 cup
- Fresh/Frozen Ontario Garlic - 2 cloves, grated
- Lemon Zest, plus Wedges for serving - 2 tsp, finely grated
- Fresh Ground Pepper -
- Fresh Parsley - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Parmesan Cheese - 1/2 cup grated (about 1 ounce)
1) Preheat the oven to 450F. Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch; season with salt. Bring to a boil and cook over medium-high heat until tender, about 7 minutes drain.
2) Meanwhile, pulse the bread in a food processor to make coarse crumbs; combine with the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Add the potatoes and toss.
3) Arrange the potatoes cut-side down on a baking sheet. Roast until golden and tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley and parmesan; continue roasting until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish, season with salt and serve with lemon wedges.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box