Lemon Garlic & Rosemary are the predominant flavours in this golden, tender and moist turkey. Consider this dressing as a seasoning for your favourite stuffing recipe or tossed into your side of carrots or potatoes.
- Butter - 1/2 cup, melted
- Lemon Juice - 3 tbsp.
- Lemon Peel - 2 tsp, grated
- Lemon Garlic & Rosemary Poultry Rub - 1 tbsp.
- Whole Turkey - 1, rinse & patted dry
- Salt & Pepper - 2 tsp. each
- Lemon - 1 medium, halved
- Onion - 1 medium, quartered
- Fresh/Frozen Peeled Garlic - 7 cloves
1) In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, lemon juice, lemon peel and Lemon Garlic & Rosemary Poultry Rub. Pat turkey dry. Sprinkle salt and pepper over skin of turkey and inside cavity; brush with butter mixture. Place the lemon and garlic cloves inside cavity. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together.
2) Preheat oven to 400F. Place onion in a heavy-bottom roasting pan. Set a roasting rack over onion and set turkey on top. Roast until turkey is golden brown - 45 minutes to 1 hour. Reduce heat to 375F, add 1 cup water to pan and roast, brushing turkey with dripping every 30 minutes, until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh reads 165F, 1 1/2 to 2 hours (add more water if pan becomes dry).
Transfer turkey to platter, cover with tent of foil, let rest 30 minutes. Reserve pan dressing for a gravy.