Serve with fettuccini and Italian bread. It makes a very filling and delicious meal and also elegant enough to serve for company.
- Italian Cheese Blend - 1 1/2 cups, shredded
- Fresh/Frozen Ontario Garlic - 1 clove, finely chopped
- Parmesan Cheese - 1/2 cup, grated
- Italian-Seasoned Bread Crumbs - 1/2 cup
- Garlicky Italian Seasoning - 1 1/2 Tbsp.
- Chicken Breasts - 4 boneless, skinless
- Egg - 1, well beaten
- Spaghetti Sauce - 1 cup
- Italian Cheese Blend - 1/4 cup, shredded or to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups Italian cheese blend and garlic in a bowl. Combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and Garlicky Italian Seasoning in a separate bowl.
- Cut one side of each chicken breast through the middle horizontally to within 1" of the other side. Open the 2 sides and spread them out like an open book. Lightly pound chicken to flatten. Fill each chicken breast with Italian cheese blend mixture and close like a book over the filling. Coat the outside of each chicken breast with egg; press bread crumb mixture over egg layer to coat each chicken breast. Arrange chicken breasts in a 9x12" baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 F. Combine spaghetti sauce and 1/2 tsp of Garlicky Italian Seasoning and pour over cooked chicken; top with 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend. Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box