This is a delisious and easy salad which takes little time to make. Make it a main course with the addition of cooked chicken.
- Beets - 4 medium scrubbed, trimmed and cut in half
- Walnuts - 1/3 cup chopped
- Horseradish Garlic Condiment - 1 Tbsp
- Mixed baby salad greens - 1 Package
- Orange juice concentrate frozen - 1/2 cup
- White vinegar (optional balsamic) - 1/4 cup
- Extra -virigin olive oil - 1/2 cup
- Goat cheese - 2 ounces
1.Place beets into a saucepan, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool, then cut into cubs.
2. While the beets are cooking, place the walnuts in a skillet over medium-low heat. Heat until warm and starting to toast, then stir in the horseradish condiment. Cook and stir until evenly coated, then remove form the heat and set aside to cool.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, white vinegar and olive oil to make the dressing.
4. Place a large helping of baby greens onto each of four salad plates, divide candied walnuts equally and sprinkle over the greens. Place equal amounts of beets over the greens and top with dabs of goat cheese. Drizzle each plate with some the dressing