- heirloom cherry tomatoes - 3 c. (preferably a mix of colours)
- red onion - 3 thin slices
- Diced Garlic Scapes(drained)/Fresh Garlic Scapes - 2 tbsp
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- white balsamic vinegar - 2 tbsp
- sugar - ½ tsp
- salt - pinch
- arugula - 3 c
- shredded fresh mint or basil leaves or a mix - ¼ c
Halve, quarter or roughly slice tomatoes.Place in a bowl. Cut onion slices in quarters, then separate into pieces.
Add to tomatoes along with the Diced Garlic Scapes, oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. Toss to coat. Taste and add more sugar or salt if needed. May serve right away or leave at room temperature up to 4 hours.(It may water out a little as it sits.)
Just before serving, stir in the arugula and mint.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box