- Fresh Garlic Scapes - 8
- Oil, divided - 1 tbsp
- Goats Cheese - 1 cup
- Garlic Scape Pesto - 1/2 cup
- Top sirloin grilling medallions - 8
- Garlic Steak Splash -
1) Do a quick blanch of the scapes in boiling water for 30 seconds before immersing
in cold water to stop cooking. Drain and pat dry. Dice scapes and sauté on
medium high heat in frying pan with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper,
2) In a bowl, mix cheese, garlic scape pesto, diced Ontario garlic scapes and season
to taste with salt and pepper.
3) Heat barbeque to medium high. Grill one side, splash about 3 squirts of Garlic
Steak Splash and continue grilling 3 minutes. Flip steaks and splash as before.
Grill about 7 minutes, or until cooked to taste.
4) Remove steaks from grill and let rest 5 minutes before topping each with a dollop
of Scape Goat Cheese topping.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box