This potato salad will make you forget all others. Potatoes and garlic are a good
way to boost your potassium intake. Delicious served with grilled salmon.
- small red new potatoes - 1 lb.
- small new white potatoes - 1 lb.
- extra virgin olive oil - 6 tbsp.
- Garlicky Italian Seasoning - 1-2 tbsp.
- Dijon mustard - 1 tbsp.
- real mayonnaise - 1/4 - 1/2 cup
- Grated rind of half a lemon -
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste -
Soak Garlicky Italian Seasoning in 3-tbsp. oil with mustard, lemon and
mayonnaise. Set aside.
Scrub potatoes clean leaving the skin on. Place in pan, cover with cold water,
bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Drain and pat potatoes dry.
In a medium bowl toss potatoes with 3-tbsp. olive oil to coat well. Place in a grill
basket and grill 15-20 minutes over medium heat to lightly brown, turning
frequently. (May also roast potatoes on shallow baking sheet in 400F oven.)
Return the potatoes to a bowl and toss with seasoned dressing. Season with salt
& pepper to taste.
Serve warm or cold.