The kick of fresh ginger coupled with the sweet berries, nuts and tangy goats cheese makes this a great winter salad.
- Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette - ½ c
- freshly grated ginger - 1 ½ tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- olive oil - 1-2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste -
- dried blueberries (or dried cranberries) - ½ c
- chopped pecans, lightly toasted - ½ c
- log of soft goats cheese (black pepper goat cheese if available), broken into little drabs - 1 113g
- mixed leafy greens, such as red leaf lettuce, watercress and arugula - 5-6 c
Make the dressing by whisking all dressing ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste and set aside.
In a large bowl toss blueberries, pecans with a bit of dressing, add mixed leafy greens, a bit more dressing and a pinch of salt. Toss until greens are evenly coated, then throw in the bits of goats cheese. Serve immediately.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box