The Garlic Box selection of Ultimate Potato Seasonings are interchangeable in this rustic potato dish.
The potatoes gratin basic recipe can be altered with your selection of seasoning making it adaptable to your main protein feature on the plate. We've used the "Ultimate Garlic Mashed Potato" seasoning but the "Lemon Rosemary & Garlic" would be equally good.
- Baking potatoes - 2lbs peeled and sliced paper-thin
- Heavy cream - 2 cups
- Fresh or Frozen Ont. garlic cloves - 2 cloves, sliced
- Fresh Thyme - 4 sprigs
- Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning - 2 tbsp
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese - 1 cup grated
- Salt and pepper - to taste
Preheat oven to 375F
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Put the potato mixture into a casserole dish, flatten it out with a spatula and bake 40 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the gratin is bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Optional: garnish with chives or fresh rosemary.