- The Garlic Box Diced Garlic Scapes - 5 ounces
- Butter leaf lettuce - 1/2 head, roughly torn
- Shrimp - 4 ounces, shelled and cleaned
- Oyster sauce - 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Toasted sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Soy sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
Note: Cilantro can be added as a flavourful garnish
1. Slice the shrimp in half lengthwise. Prepare a medium bowl filled with ice water.
2. In a separate bowl, add the lettuce and fill with cold water. The lettuce will absorb the cold water, making it crisp.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, oyster sauce, sesame seeds and soy sauce to make the dressing.
4. Boil a pot of salted water. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp has changed colour (30 seconds to 1 minute). Transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking.
5. Pat the lettuce dry with paper towel (or use a salad spinner), and add to the dressing. Toss to coat. Then, add the Diced Scapes and shrimp, tossing again. Salt to taste if needed, and add the (optional) cilantro to garnish.