A creamy pasta that is fantastic juxtaposed with the fresh green taste of garlic scapes. Serve with crusty bread
and a simple green salad for a complete meal.
- pasta of your choice (spaghetti or fettuccini works well) - ½ lb
- Ontario garlic scapes sliced on the diagonal - ¼ cup
- slices of bacon (or pancetta), cooked and crumbled - 4
- large eggs - 2
- grated Romano (or Parmesan) cheese - ½ cup
- red pepper flakes - ¼ tsp
- Coarse sea salt to taste -
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until a la dente' or just done.
2) While pasta is cooking, fry bacon until crisp. Remove with slot spoon, pat dry.
3) In a small bowl mix eggs well with salt and pepper.
4) When pasta is cooked, drain and put back in pan on very low heat. Working quickly, stir in the scapes and bacon. Slowly dribble in egg mixture stirring well to incorporate into pasta.
5) Sprinkle cheese over each plated pasta dish.
NOTE Halved cherry tomatoes are a nice addition.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box