- 6 cloves garlic peeled and chopped - frozen or fresh -
- 1 onion finely chopped -
- 3 tbsp olive oil -
- 1/3 cup butter -
- 6 potatoes - peeled and roughly chopped -
- 4 1/2 cups of Stock - Chicken or Vegetable -
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt -
- Fresh Thyme Leaves -
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper -
- Sea salt to taste -
1.Heat the olive oil and half the butter in a saucepan over a low heat, adding the chopped garlic and onion once the butter has melted. Saute gently for approx. 15 minutes, until the onion has softened, stirring regularly so that the garlic doesn’t burn.
2.Add the peeled and roughly chopped potatoes and stock. Bring to boiling point, then reduce the heat to let the soup simmer for around ½ hour.
3.Stir in yogurt and mix the soup (in a blender). Season if necessary.
4. Melt the remaining butter in a small pan and fry a few thyme leaves until crispy.
5. Serve soup with the thyme mixture. Drizzle the soup with some extra virgin olive oil and fresh thyme to garnish. Serve with crusty bread.