A great way to incorporate your reserved garlic-infused maple syrup when baking garlic chocolate chip cookies.
- Salmon Fillets - 4 small (about 5 ounces each)
- Garlic infused Maple Syrup - 1 cup (120ml)
- Sea Salt - 2 tsp (10ml)
- Ground Black Pepper - 1 tsp
- Butter - 30ml
- Ontario Garlic Cloves Fresh or frozen - 6 cloves (minced or press)
- Finely minced or pressed 6 cloves of Ontario Fresh or frozen garlic into maple syrup and let stand for a minimum of 30 min to meld flavours.
- Clean and remove skin from salmon fillets. Place in a shallow baking dish and pour maple syrup over top. Turn to coat evenly. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Prepare smoker. Place fillets in a smoker at about 200 degrees F/95 degrees C for 2 hours.
- When you are ready to remove the salmon from the smoker heat the butter in a skillet.
- Place fillets gently in skillet for about 2 minutes per side. This creates a nice glaze over the surface of the salmon.