- fresh strawberries (may sub with blueberries) - 1/4 cup sliced
- Smoked Garlic Seasoning - 2 tbsp
- strip loin steaks - 2
- Garlic & Mango Dressing - 1/2 bottle
- sweet onion - 1/2 diced fined
- white wine - 3 ounces
- Freshly cracked black pepper - to taste
Rub steaks with the Smoked Garlic Seasoning, massaging well into meat. Season with
pepper. Let sit on counter 1/2 hour wrapped in saran wrap (this step may be done
the night before and left in fridge).
Sauté onion in frying pan in small amount of oil over medium heat just enough to
colour. Remove from pan.
Add more oil to pan, increase heat to medium-high and sear steaks each side until
medium rare. Remove from pan and keep warm.
Deglaze pan juices with wine until reduced to half.
Add Garlic & Mango Dressing, bring to a full boil, stirring.
Remove from heat and whirl in quartered strawberries. (Do not over stir, as
berries will bleed.)
Serve sauce over steaks with a side serving of curried rice and spinach salad.
This sauce is also suitable for a pork roast