Don't stress about combination of ingredients in this light & easy summer salad that can be eaten at room temperature or warm. Excellent with fish.
- Quinoa or White rice - 1 cup cooked from about 1/3 raw
- Blanched peas - 1 cup
- Garlic Dill Dressing - 1/3 cup
- Fresh Lemon - 2 tbsp
- Fresh chopped Dill and or Chives & Parsley - 2 tbsp
- Red onion - 1/4 cup diced
- Radish - 3 done Julianne style
- Salt and Ground Pepper - To taste
- Optional Green Beans / or celery diced - 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven at 350F. Toast almonds on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until golden brown, 8-10 min then let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook green beans (optional) and peas in a pot of salted boiling water until no longer raw but still very crunchy, about 2 min. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of ice water and let sit until cold, about 3 min. Drain, pat dry and thinly slice beans in the bit size pieces.
- Season Quinoa lightly with fresh squeezed lemon juice, dill and herbs and salt and pepper to taste, breaking up with fork to keep light and fluffy.
- Carefully toss in all vegetables. Drizzle with Garlic and Dill dressing to lightly coat to taste. Sprinkle with almonds on top.
Optional: Replace green beans with strawberries and chopped mushrooms fresh quartered.