- fresh tomatoes - 3 lbs.
- chicken stock - 1 1/2 cup
- sundried tomato paste - 2 tbsp.
- Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning - 1 tsp.
- Balsamic Vinegar with Garlic - 3 tbsp.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional) - 3 tbsp.
- fresh basil leaves to garnish -
- Sea salt & white pepper -
- fresh croutons -
- Sour cream (optional) -
Drop tomatoes in boiling water for 1/2 min. to remove skins and quarter.
Place in sauce pan with chicken stock and Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning and bring to a boil.
Lower heat and simmer until tomato breaks down.
Add the paste, Balsamic Vinegar with Garlic, salt and pepper (and oil if used) simmering several minutes more.
Remove from heat and mash tomatoes. Serve warm. Soup should be chunky.
Cut Italian Dinner Rolls in 1/3's and baste with olive oil, sprinkle with rosemary, lemon oregano, basil, parmesan cheese and sea salt.
Brown on cookie sheet in oven. Place on top of soup and add fresh basil to garnish.
SOUR CREAM MIXTURE:
Mix with sour cream, 1 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley and white pepper (to taste)
Dollop by tablespoon on soup.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box