This healthy, colourful dish can readily modified with the addition of chicken, fish, bacon bits, and your favourite garnishes.
Optional garnishes are cilantro, fresh pineapple, avocado, and asparagus.
A perfect recipe for meal planning!
- Water - 2 cups
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Quinoa - 1 cup
- Mangoes, peeled and chopped - 3
- Cucumber, chopped - 1 cup
- Red bell pepper, diced - 1/2 cup
- Green onions, chopped - 1/3 cup
- Fresh baby spinach - 2 cups
- Garlic Mango Dressing - 1/4 cup
- Fresh ginger - 1 tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tbsp
- Epic Fry Salt - 1 tbsp
1) Heat water and salt in a medium saucepan; bring to boil. Add quinoa and cook until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl. Add cucumber, red pepper and onion to quinoa. Mix well.
2) Add Garlic Mango Dressing, mangoes, lime juice, fresh ginger and Epic Fry Salt; stir to coat. Spoon quinoa salad over spinach or mix in spinach with quinoa mixture. Chill if desired.